Regional Sales Director
Compensation: Base salary plus commission, medical/dental/vision, 401k, possibility of accruing three weeks paid time off, company paid holidays.
The Regional Sales Director develops and maintains business relationships with companies and individuals involved in the settlement of workers’ compensation and general liability insurance claims. They sell Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) compliance services such as Medicare Set-Aside (MSA) allocations and MSA professional administration, and assist settling parties to understand their Medicare Secondary Payer compliance obligations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes new accounts by calling on potential customers, attending and exhibiting at trade shows and conventions, giving presentations, and attending industry events.
- Services existing accounts, obtains referrals, troubleshoots customer concerns and maintains consistent contact with customers.
- Manages and feeds new leads into sales pipeline.
- Works with sales support team to facilitate referrals and maintain services standards.
- Resolves customer concerns by investigating issues, developing solutions, and making recommendations to management.
- Keeps management informed by maintaining and reporting a record of weekly activities such as call reports and work plans.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge through participation in professional societies, following industry news outlets, and seeking/maintaining industry certifications.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 1 or more years outside sales or business development experience, preferably in workers’ compensation and/or general liability insurance claims resolution
- Sales Closing Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to establish relationships with colleagues and clients at varying levels
- Ability to adapt and learn new skills
- Ability to work independently
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Ability to meet project deadlines
- Must be willing and able to travel
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Presentation Skills
- Public Speaking Skills
- Market Analysis Skills
- Direct experience in workers’ compensation and/or general liability insurance claims resolution
- Industry Certifications (CMSP, MSCC, CSSC, etc)
Since 1996, Medivest has been a leading provider of Medicare Secondary Payer compliance solutions. We serve the workers’ compensation and general liability insurance industry. Medivest professionally administers Medicare Set Aside accounts for individuals who have settled a workers’ compensation or liability claim. Most of these individuals are catastrophically injured. Medicare Set Aside accounts are a vehicle for ensuring compliance with the Medicare Secondary Payer Statute, which requires that monies from a settlement be “set aside” to pay for future, Medicare-allowable, injury-related medical expenses, and that those expenses be exhausted before Medicare becomes the primary payer. Medivest administers these monies for beneficiaries, ensuring that Medicare Set Aside accounts are properly used, and that all parties to the settlement are thereafter protected from damages that could result from non-compliance.